Overview of E-Scholar
E-scholar is an online school built to meet the needs of a fast growing society like nigeria, like most developing and developed societies the need of information technology to teach and learn cannot be over emphasized
At e-scholar, students will have the opportunity to be in a virtual class where they will be taught by teachers and professionals in related fields. Students will also have the opportunity to interact with the teacher, professionals and other students. They will also have the freedom to join or leave a class at will, they will have access to test scores and assignment scores to enable them sit up when necessary. The use of the multimedia is also a plus in online learning, for it gives the students a clear example of what is being taught. At e-scholar the class is never too populated. Plus students have the luxury of an e library as large as the Internet itself for referencing and research, e-scholar also gives you access to all materials of previous classes from the e library.
E-scholar provides an experience that accommodates the three distinct learning styles: auditory learners, visual learners, and kinesthetic learners.
Other unique opportunities created by the development of this online school are more efficient training of a globally dispersed audience; and reduced publishing and distribution costs as Web-based training becomes a standard.
E-scholar also offers individualized instruction, which print media cannot provide. In conjunction with assessing needs, the academy can target specific needs.
Additionally, Synchronous Long Distance Learning is self-paced. Advanced learners are allowed to speed through or bypass instruction that is redundant while novices slow their own progress through content, eliminating frustration with themselves, their fellow learners, and the course.
Advantages of e learning
- Class work can be scheduled around personal and professional work.
- Reduces travel cost and time to and from school.
- Learners may have the option to select learning materials that meets their level of knowledge and interests.
- Learners can study wherever they have access to a computer and Internet.
- Self-paced learning modules allow learners to work at their own pace.
- Flexibility to join discussions in the bulletin board threaded discussion areas at any hour, or visit with classmates and instructors remotely in chat rooms.
- Different learning styles are addressed and facilitation of learning occurs through varied activities.
- Development of computer and Internet skills that are transferable to other facets of learner's lives.
- Successfully completing online or computer-based courses builds self-knowledge and self-confidence and encourages students to take responsibility for their learning.